Can anything be more dead than dry bones?
Picture for a moment bones devoid of any life for hundred of years laying in the desert sun and heat and then you see the result of what religion and religious moralistic hierarchy produces.
But this is where Jesus was and is different …
“Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel.” Ezekiel 37:11-12
The “land of Israel” was The land promised to slaves from the desert that was “flowing with milk and honey” … this land was Life and Life beyond anything the slaves had ever imagined.
Flash forward to our day when people Desperately need the “land of Israel” in the sense of its Life giving properties and we see the difference Jesus made:
- He offered Life apart from and separate from the religious sacrifice and suffering of legalistic observance.
- He offered Life by sharing that “All the law and the prophets” were finished, completed, fulfilled by “Love one another.”
- He offered Life Here and Now by showing that He came to “redeem, justify, reconcile and purify” man through His one “Perfect Sacrifice.”
How do we work as Gods Hands of Love and Peace and “Give Life?”
- We show love and acceptance to the ones shunned and rejected by religion and society.
- We don’t act as a morality policeman or a judge but instead we open to All, Love All and judge no one.
- We Rest (have Faith in) the idea that the sacrifice of Christ was Enough and He “Finished” the job of reconnecting man with God.
If you want to dig into this to a greater degree click the link below: