Why doesn’t God keep His promises?
Are you living in the light of that promise?
Please read 2 Corinthians 1:18-21
Vs. 18 “But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.” For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.”
There are times when it seems like God didnt do what I thought He should do- This is perhaps one of the greatest tricks of the devil.
God is not a Yes and No god. But we have to “stand firm” in the knowledge that this moment is where He has me and this place is where He has brought me to- that is not easy and in fact it is impossible without Faith. But this is how faith grows.
Here is the kicker- Faith is impossible without Grace
Vs. 8 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.”
If you dont think or feel God is keeping His promise is it possible you are trying to do it instead of letting Him?
Could it be that the effort you are trying so hard to “do” is something that will never please God?
God is a “Yes” God but you have to ask the right question. Questions like:
1) God would You please give me the opportunity to show Love today?
2) God would You please take all my shame and guilt and nail it on the cross?
3) God would You please remind me today that through Christ, You reconciled me to You?
4) God please remind me that I stand justified before you not by my works but by the sacrafice of Jesus?
5) God please remind me that my effort is NOT why You Love me and its NOT part of Your promise to me?
Dont Worry- Be Grace-Full!!