Growing Goodness – 4
“You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.” Mark 13:9-10
Why would the “synagogues” flog someone teaching people to keep the 10 Commandments?
Short answer they wouldn’t BUT if someone was teaching Gods Goodness was complete by the work Christ Finished on the cross and we were Free from “the power of sin” which is “the law” – Then not only would they be flogged but most likely they would have been stoned like Stephen.
Remember the above words were spoken by Jesus long before there was a Christian religion that was considered socially acceptable!
To Grow Goodness we Must get to The message of The cross which is this, to All who believe in His name:
1) “Christ is the end of the law”
2) Christ is spiritual healing between God and man
3) Christ is the Ultimate symbol of Gods Love
4) Christ Finished All we need to be Fully Righteous before God
5) Faith Is Resting in what He Finished
6) Following Christ is simply Following Love for All, judgement of none and therefore Peace that passes All understanding!
This is the “easy burden and light yoke” Christ provided for All who “believe in His name” if you want to do an in depth Bible study to examine this check out the link below:
Happy New Year from BeGraceFull.com and me, Bob Hildreth and I hope and pray that you will take the challenge to Let The Journey Begin!