A wise man once told me, “You will know when you find it.” Turns out he was right!
Many people think that a drunk or a drug addict or a hooker are farther from God then the person who sits in church every week and follows the program – and they are oh so very wrong! The drunk, the addict the one who is struggling is desperately searching, they are on a journey to find something that will heal part of them that they haven’t found yet – when they find Unconditional Love and Acceptance, the search ends!
“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.” Matthew 2:11
“So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.” – Luke 2:16
The reason the wise men knew that this was the place to bow down and worship was that they had found Unconditional Love! The reason the “hurried” shepherds stopped at that place was because they had seen Unconditional Love and Acceptance!
Unconditional Love doesn’t care about things like people do! Unconditional Love doesn’t look at things like this world does and Unconditional Love IS what a church MUST give!
What can we learn about Unconditional Love from the birth of Christ:
1) Unconditional Love will meet you where you are the most comfortable – The fact that Jesus was born in a stable and his first visitors were shepherds tells us a whole lot about where Love meets us!
2) Unconditional Love doesn’t care what you smell like as Unconditional Love smells the same – The fact that The God of All Creation was born amongst manure is a clear indication that perfume was never high on the Heavenly agenda!
3) Unconditional Love doesn’t adjust for what your status was or is we are All the same to Unconditional Love –Wise men and shepherds alike knelt in the same place to see the same Baby!
4) Unconditional Love makes no pretense and has no preference and gives no preferential treatment – it is open to you at any time or any stage of life or at any moment!
5) Unconditional Love lets you Rest! Unconditional Love lets you stop the hurried effort to get somewhere, sit down in complete Peace and Acceptance knowing that The God of All Creation is beside you, with you and Praise God inside you and He isn’t going away! No power, no force, no thing and no one can ever harm you apart from the permissive will of Unconditional Love!
GOD IS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!